Our Blog

Posted 5/25/18 / Affordable Health Insurance

Changes in Household or Location Can Qualify You for Special Enrollment

Because the 2018 open enrollment period for the Washington Health Exchange is over, you can enroll ONLY if you have certain “life events” that allow you to qualify for what’s known as a Special Enrollment Period.

Some common events include changes in your household and changes in your residence.

If in the past 60 days, you or anyone in your household experienced one of the following, you may qualify:

Changes in residence

These household moves could also make you eligible:

Note: Moving only to seek medical treatment or going on vacation doesn’t qualify you for Special Enrollment.

Important: You must be able to prove you had qualifying health coverage for one or more days during the 60 days before your move. If you’re moving from a foreign country or United States territory you must prove you had coverage either through a private health plan, or a Government Universal plan offered from that country.

[ Past Articles ]