Our Blog

Posted 2/15/18 / Insurance Tips & Advice

More Answers About Form 1095-A

Q: If I received a 1095-A, what forms do I need to submit with my tax return?

Use your 1095-A to complete IRS Form 8962: Premium Tax Credit.

If you used tax credits to lower the cost of your monthly premium, or you’d like to claim your tax credit as a lump sum, you must file a federal tax return and attach Form 8962.

When you file your tax return, you must use IRS Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040NR. You can’t file with Form 1040EZ.

If you have questions, contact a tax professional, broker, your local library, or the IRS.

If you don’t file your taxes correctly and on time, you may not be eligible to get tax credits in future years.


Q: What is IRS Form 8962 and what do I need to do with it?

IRS Form 8962: Premium Tax Credit is used to reconcile any tax credits you may have used to lower your monthly premium and to determine if you received the right amount. You’ll use the information on your 1095-A to complete Form 8962.


Q: How can I get my 1095-A?

You’ll receive a paper copy of your 1095-A in the mail from Washington Healthplanfinder. You can also view or print a digital copy of your 1095-A by signing in to your account at Washington HealthPlanFinder and going to your Message Center.

[ Past Articles ]